Our Trip to PEI
We picked the right time of year to go. The leaves were changing into those beautiful fall colours. There were vegetable stands everywhere and lots of pumpkins. The air was fresh and crisp and the sun was bright and warm.
We stayed with friends who gave a some great island experiences:
- We took a boat tour where we fished for mackerel and bbq’d our catch right there on the boat!
- We went clam digging and ate boiled clams the next evening.
- We went to a village Ceilidh and were taught some traditional dances by some very friendly people!
- We visited Green Gables and the beautiful coastline in Cavendish.
- We took a walking tour of historical buildings in Georgetown
- We visited the Confederation Building in Charlottetown
- We wandered the downtown area of Charlottetown and enjoyed some ice cream from Cows (some say the best ice cream in the world!)
Prince Edward Island is a small island but we discovered that it has some of the most beautiful landscape and some of the most friendly people!