Children’s Ministry Volunteer Training – Nursery as Ministry Part 4
Tips & Ideas for Your Nursery
- Make the monthly theme visible for volunteers and parents.
- Make some pictures that highlight the theme and put them up at a crawling baby’s level.
- Call the children in the nursery by name. Use each child’s name out loud at least once during their stay in the nursery.
- Use a surprise box – put something that highlights the theme into a box. Let the kids take the lid off and discover the item. Then use it so talk about the theme with the children.
- Use a story apron – have a volunteer put on an apron with a big pocket. They will pull an item out of the pocket that highlights the theme.
- Make your own book – laminate some pictures and put them into a binder or bind them together with a binder ring. Make one book for each theme you will focus on