Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100
It is thanksgiving in Canada. I love this time of year – the colour of the leaves; the sound they make as you walk through them; the crispness in the air; the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg.
God gave us all these good things! Let us be thankful!
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:13
We picked the right time of year to go. The leaves were changing into those beautiful fall colours. There were vegetable stands everywhere and lots of pumpkins. The air was fresh and crisp and the sun was bright and warm.
We stayed with friends who gave a some great island experiences:
- We took a boat tour where we fished for mackerel and bbq’d our catch right there on the boat!
- We went clam digging and ate boiled clams the next evening.
- We went to a village Ceilidh and were taught some traditional dances by some very friendly people!
- We visited Green Gables and the beautiful coastline in Cavendish.
- We took a walking tour of historical buildings in Georgetown
- We visited the Confederation Building in Charlottetown
- We wandered the downtown area of Charlottetown and enjoyed some ice cream from Cows (some say the best ice cream in the world!)
Prince Edward Island is a small island but we discovered that it has some of the most beautiful landscape and some of the most friendly people!