Games Your Kids Will Never Tire of Playing – Everybody’s It Tag
This game can be played inside or outside. It requires little or no equipment. And there’s LOTS of running!
You need a big, empty space (like a field or a gymnasium). Use trees and walls, or use small orange pylons to make boundaries. Make sure ALL players know the boundaries.
Here’s how to play:
The object is to tag other players without being tagged yourself and without going outside the boundaries. If you are tagged, or go outside the boundaries, then you must sit down immediately. You can get back up and into the action by tagging someone as they pass by, at which point, they must sit down.
Here’s a simple way to explain the rules:
- If you get tagged, you’re “down”, and they’re “up”.
- If you tag them, they’re “down”, and you’re “up”.
- If you tag at the same time; you’re BOTH “down”.
- If you argue that you tagged first, you’re “down”- so be honest.
- If you go outside the boundaries, you’re “down”.
- If you are outside the boundaries and claim ignorance- you’re still “down”.
- If you are “down” and you tag someone passing by, you’re back “up”, and they are “down”.
The winner is the last person standing.
Reasons Why I Love this Game:
1. All children play at the same time. No one is left out.
2. Kids who are tagged aren’t out entirely; they can get back into the game.
3. It is easy to learn and simple to play.
4. It is easy to include new players into the game, even in the middle of the game.
5. It is extremely versatile – it can be played almost anywhere, requires little or no equipment, and can be played with almost any number of children.