How to Create a Sign-up Form Using Google Drive
VBS is coming up and with that comes registration forms!! Are you curious about online registration forms? Wondering how easy it is to create an online registration form? Here is a step by step guide to creating a sign-up form on google docs. Don’t worry! It’s pretty easy and there are pictures! Here we go!
(NOTE: I do my very best to keep this up-to-date. However, Google updates their interface sometimes and I don’t always know about it, plus every computer may display some of these things differently, depending on the internet browser you use. So, these pictures may not always match exactly to what you are see but they should be pretty close. If you find the pictures are very different, feel free to get in touch and met me know so I can update them. Thank you!)
1. Sign in and go to https://drive.google.com/
2. Click the blue New button.
3. A little window will open with a few options.
4. Click Google Sheets.
5. A blank spreadsheet will open.
6. In the menu above the spreadsheet, click Tools.
7. A menu will open.
8. Click Create Form.
9. A form template displays.
10. Give your spreadsheet a title.
11. Click Add Item to add as many questions as you want. If you hover over the little arrow to the right of Add Item, you’ll get some different question-type options. You’ll probably use the Text one a lot but some of the others are helpful, too.
12. When we created a form for VBS registration, we included some of the following questions:
- Text questions:
- Parents’ names
- Paragraph text questions:
- Check boxes
- How the parent heard of the program
- Permission to contact the parents about other programs
13. When you’re done, click View Live Form.
14. To share the form…
- Copy the URL when you are viewing the live form and put it into emails that you send out to parents.
- Or, if you want to embed the form, click File and then select Embed and it will give you some HTML to copy and paste into your church’s website.
15. When you want to review responses, you can sign in to Google Drive and open the Sheet. If it opens in a spreadsheet, you’ll see a list of the responses sorted into columns according to the questions you asked. Or, if it takes you to this form-builder page then just click View Responses.
You’re done! That’s all there is to it! If you want a larger view of any of the pictures in this article, simply click on them.
A big thank you to my husband, Aaron! He put this together for me and now I’m sharing it with you. I hope you find it helpful.