Recommended Resource – Basic Bible Skills by Susan L. Lingo
Looking for game and activity ideas for teaching Bible skills? Check out Susan L. Lingo’s “Basic Bible Skills.”
I love the set up of this book. First, it contains books of the Bible cards that you can photocopy onto cardstock. These cards are unique in that they have the name of the book, which testament it’s in, which division it’s in, a sample of what’s in the book, and a key verse.
Second, it contains four sections.
- How the Bible is Organized
- Scripture is God’s Word
- People, Places, and Events
- Bible Maps and More!
What I love about this resource is the inclusion of many different Bible skills – not just books of the Bible. Some of the skills included are:
- Using the Bible’s table of contents
- Understanding what a “Testament” is
- Identifying major Bible divisions
- Identifying chapter and verse numbers
- Learning visual cues for remembering verses
- Studying parallel passages
- Identifying main themes and ideas
- Using a Bible dictionary
- Reading Biblical maps
- Using time lines
Check it out on Amazon!
Have fun with your class learning Bible skills for exploring God’s Word!